The Bluegrass Austin-Healey Club is one of the world’s oldest and most active Austin-Healey Clubs. The Bluegrass Club was founded in 1958 as the Kentuckiana Sprite Club. The Club incorporated in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in April 1961 as the Kentuckiana Sprite Club, Inc.
In 1964, we became a chapter of the factory sponsored Austin-Healey Club as the Kentucky Centre. The Kentucky Centre was one of six United States sanctioned Clubs. Other U.S. clubs at that time included: the Los Angeles, Fresno, San Francisco, Illinois and Missouri Centres.
Following the demise of the factory club, the Bluegrass Club operated independently until 1978. At that time a team of new leadership worked to become sanctioned as a chapter of the Austin Healey Club of America at the Conclave in 1978.
Louisville Conclave History
Louisville has been the proud host of three memorable Austin-Healey Club of America Conclaves. In 1978 Louisville was host to the third-annual Conclave with honored guest Geoffrey Healey taking part in festivities. In 1993, we hosted the Conclave again, this time Roger Menadue was our special guest. And in 2012 the Bluegrass Club took the Conclave mantle once again, gathering more than 200 Austin-Healeys in Louisville for a week of fun, friends and fantastic memories.